Sunday, April 23, 2017

New Hooking!!

I recently saw the most incredible weavings by fiber artist Thalia Truesdell! I used to weave (about 100 years ago....) Anyway, I could not get her weavings out of my mind.

Flash forward to last Thursday--I am discovering that having hubby retired means we can do things we would not normally do.  We went to a HUGE indoor flea market, tons of stuff--antique, vintage, everything from jewelry to clothes to hand made tables, you name it, it was there.  What did I buy? Wood.  Driftwood, to be exact.  I found these two pieces that remind me so much of the ones I used to find along the Mississippi River when I was growing up.
 They are gorgeous--they even have rocks embedded in them.  And then I knew I was going to hook a piece to go with them!

 So here is my roughed out design.  Still many decisions to make before I begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment