Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Once in a Lifetime

 I would like to introduce Miss Garnet Remembrance--a Queen Anne reproduction doll made by the Canadian artist Kathy Patterson of Babes from the Woods.  She arrived last week, no clothes, because I couldn't afford the doll AND her clothes!  It took me a while to figure out a pattern for her dress.  Today she received her antique garnet necklace, which is actually one of a pair of earrings--the perfect scale!  So sister Tilly will have a matching necklace, just as soon as my eyes uncross from stringing the beads.......

This incredible doll is 15" tall, and as authentic as you can get to a real, 200-300 year old Queen Anne doll.  Everything about her, from her patina to her flat back, joints and hands, is perfectly recreated.  I saved for a LONG time to be able to get her, and she was worth every dollar.

2 comments:

  1. Oh she is so beautiful! I dream of having a doll like her someday ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you--Kathy does dolls to order!

    ReplyDelete