Wednesday, October 10, 2018

"LIFE" is what happens to us while we are making other plans

     I sure never intended to miss autumn this year--or our 48th wedding anniversary, which was October 2nd.  But life took an unforeseen turn for me when I ruptured a disc in my lower back in September.  And if that wasn't bad enough, I had to go that extra mile, and the disc is pressing against the major nerve in my right leg, so I have had almost no feeling--other than pain--in my leg.  How can something be numb AND painful at the same time?  Go figure.

     So I have been unable to--walk, sit, lay, stand, or move.  The pain so intense I was shaking from it, and was sent to the ER TWICE by different doctors.  Where I lay in agony for 5 hours, BEGGING for something for the pain. Guess what?  The Doctors must answer to our dear government if they use pain medications, so now they don't want to give them.  Too many opioid idiots out there, so the rest of us must suffer.  Oh--what DID they give me?  A half milligram of valium.

  They should have stuffed it up their--uh--nose--for all the good it did me.

   So finally I got to see my personal Dr, and was given muscle relaxers and Oxycontin (GASP!!!!)   Knocked down the pain, but made me violently ill.  SO--wracked with pain, nausea, virtually no sleep for over three weeks, I finally started to get better.  Heating pads and ice, folks--oh, and deep massages from my sweetheart of a husband.  He also took over all the household chores, washing clothes, floors, cleaning the bathroom, cooking, vacuuming.  Feeding the cat, cleaning the litter box. Waiting on me whenever I needed something.  And not a single complaint.  I guess you can see why we have been married for 48 years--men like this are KEEPERS!  Thanks honey, you are one in a million !!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment