Sunday, January 30, 2022

Searching for Sanity in todays world

I (mostly) try to avoid the news.  I check the weather, but for the most part, every single thing the news says is a "story" is just that--a story.  Full of a lies and half truths, maybe a tiny bit of truth--but heaven knows we must terrify the American people, so they will keep tuning in--because, you know, RATINGS.  And ratings equals money.

So these days I try desperately to find something to do, to fill the darkness of these late winter days. With Covid, we rarely go out anywhere, and I must admit this is not a terrible thing--52 years of marriage, and we are happiest at home with each other.  

SO---my daughter was after me to hook a "self portrait" rug, since I did one of Wade years ago.  I got busy with designing it, when something strange happened--another project just fell into my lap.

I have toyed with the idea of hooking a valance for the center of my bay window, but I had no idea what to do.  Then, as I searched for drawings of leaves online to get some inspiration for my self portrait rug background, I found the most amazing website--all royalty free drawings.  And in there was a grapevine--

And the rest of the world will have to wait a while, because I knew I HAD to hook this.




 Then, as I worked on this, I thought how neat it would be to attach some hanging "grapes" when I am done, and I found the PERFECT grapes--vintage, on Etsy!

So I have found a little island of sanity for now.  

I thank my dear friend Betty for teaching me to hook. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment