Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Leelah Alcorn--a name everyone needs to know!

I was saddened beyond belief today, to read of the suicide in Ohio of a 17 year old Transgender person.  She took her own life after being told by her parents that their religion forbid them from accepting this, and to top it off, her mother cut her off from social media--where she at least had support and people to talk to.

If you bring a child into this world, you are signing a contract with God to love, protect and cherish that child.   There are no guarantees how that child will turn out--it doesn't matter.  A parents love for their child should be unconditional.

Does God make mistakes?  I don't believe so.  But NATURE makes mistakes, plenty of them, all the time.  Animals born with two heads, people are born with extra limbs or two sets of sexual organs.  And yes, a girl can end up born in a boys body, just as a boy can end up born as a girl.  It happens---ALL THE TIME.

Leelah wanted her suicide to "mean something".  It does.  It means that her parents failed her.  My heart is sick that this beautiful child is gone, when there are so many parents who would have embraced her and loved her no matter what.  I am just one of them.  Yes, Leelah, even though I didn't know you, I have been touched by your death.  I don't agree with what you did, but I understand why you did it--you were left with no hope, no support and no one to help you and guide you.  I hope that you have found peace now, and can be who you were born to be.  Rest in Peace, sweet angel.



No comments:

Post a Comment