Tuesday, April 28, 2015

First Queen Anne Doll Coming to Life!

Once I got going, I found myself quickly consumed by this little girl.  As an artist, it is hard for me to make something that is not proportionately correct.  However, most Queen Anne dolls are WAY out of proportion!  Most have overly large heads, which were balanced by the huge dresses they wore.  Most--but not all--have overly large, fork like hands.  The hands really took some thought--again, because of the proportions. Now that they are carved, however, I can see they are really NOT too big--the human hand, from bottom of the palm to the tip of the middle finger, is just shy of the span of the human face from chin to top of the forehead. 

Anyway, she still needs her legs carved, and this is not her hair--I just wanted to see how she would look when she gets some!  I have darkened her eyebrows a bit.  Tomorrow I will carve her legs and assemble and attach her arms--the top of them will be cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment