Monday, January 9, 2017

Words of Warning as you get older!

The week I turned 64, I began to get mail--LOTS of mail, at least three a day and sometimes more--about
medicare
social security
burial plots
cremation
estate planning 
(and MEDICARE--did I mention MEDICARE???) 

I just want to thank all the greedy American companies who have spent a fortune in postage and mailing supplies in the past year, all trying to get my measly retirement dollars out of my hand before they are even IN my hand.

 I also want to thank you for reminding me on a daily basis that I am an old woman and that I am going to die. NEWS FLASH---
I already KNOW I am going to die, I don't need it shoved in my face Every. Freaking. Time. I. Open. The. Mailbox.

Being 5 months older than dear hubby, now it is HIS turn to get all the mailings.  I turn 65 this week, the mail for me has dropped off--I guess they figure I am already dead, so why bother?  So now the same letters arrive, addressed to Wade.  I wish I had thought of this a year ago, but now we take those letters and write "return to sender" on them, and throw them unopened into the mail. Let the idiots pay the return postage.  You can also open the dang things, usually there is a postage paid addressed envelope in them, and just write NO on a piece of paper and mail it back to them. Either way, they are paying double the postage--for nothing in return. Just my little way of saying "suck it up, Buttercup."

As with so many things in life, all I can do is shake my head (and sometimes my middle finger) .  America must be the greediest country in the world.  Is it going to get better when the circus comes to town on Jan 20?  LOL, you bet'cha!

You ain't seen nothing yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment