Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Giovanna Rosa--a possible Schoenhut Prototype





After much research, I have come to the conclusion that Giovanna IS  a Schoenhut doll--I believe she was made as either a prototype for a larger doll that was never produced, or a custom doll, in the likeness of a real girl.  The joints are Schoenhut--the spring mechanisms that allow her movements were patented by Schoenhut, no one else was doing them.  She is obviously old enough to have been made around 1911.  She is definitely a unique, one of a kind doll, and as such, I have no idea of her monetary value.  I do think she belongs in a museum, but I am just not ready to part with her at this point.  Maybe when I am too old to lift her, I will donate her to a museum--until then, I get to enjoy her.

No comments:

Post a Comment