Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Reports of my death have been (slightly) exaggerated

So, two weeks ago, I was hauled to the ER with some alarming symptoms.  Skull cracking pain in my head, vomiting, heart palpitations, and a blood pressure of 230/180.  

Dr's considered an aneurism, or a stroke.  Once stabilized I was given an EKG and CT scan.  They found--nothing wrong.  My headache and nausea were apparently caused by stress, which in turn affected my heart and blood pressure.  Who knew that stress could do all that?  (Now the reason behind that stress is a whole other story......)

So I felt very fortunate (Once the head pains subsided).  What I failed to take into consideration was the fact that I have fibromyalgia.  Fibro + Stress =Flareup.  MAJOR flareup.  So major, in fact, that I failed to realize what it was!  In the past, a "flare" meant increased pain and exhaustion.  Not this time!  Suddenly I have the increased pain and exhaustion--PLUS lots of stomach/digestive trouble (think IBS), off and on nausea, more headaches, TMJ pain in my face and jaw,  and inflammation in my ribs that is so bad I am having trouble breathing.  Walking from one room to another is so exhausting I have to sit down and rest.  I can barely eat, I have no appetite, and when I do eat I get nauseous.  And when I don't eat I get nauseous.  

I got the message from my body this time, loud and clear--CALM DOWN AND REST.   Which is about all I am capable of doing these days.  So, although I may LOOK dead, I really am still hanging on--barely.

If you know a Fibro sufferer, hug them gently and tell them you love them.  Then ask what you can do to help them.

Then help us pray for a cure.  Because truly, this is NO way to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment